Tuesday 6 July 2010

Carnival

Little Eaton Carnival.
The event of the village.


Since I moved to Little Eaton I have gone every year with friends. It's the biggest event that happens in the village and lasts all week - from the Crowning of the Carnival Queen to Wild, Wet and Wacky finishing with the actual Carnival with parade and band on the Saturday. It's a proper villagy event and I love it :) 



Every year I take pictures and it's funny comparing how stuff has changed. For example:




Me and the brother face 




Good old Martin on his stilts 

If you have a Carnival near you, it's always a fun thing to go to even if you think it's a bit sad. Me and Bethy did the 3 legged race this year, unfortunately didn't win, but we didn't come last! It's always amusing. If I'm in the area I'll try and come back every year. So if there are any Carnivals near you, just go! You might be surprised how fun they are, enter a balloon race, eat some good food, ride the carousel and Bethy even won a candy spray pop.




What a legend

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Insomniac said...

haha, looks like you had fun! we have the annual fair in my town, its fun it is basically a carnival, they have the horse show and the demolition derby at the same time so it is pretty cool. Not as intense as yours though, we dont have the cool games, but we have art contests and food contests. I have gone every year since I can remember, lol.

7 July 2010 at 03:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks exactly like the ones we have in india....but yours are cleaner...

7 July 2010 at 05:55  
Blogger Sarah said...

this looks like so much fun! I love the pics, especially the last one made me laugh!

cute blog xx

7 July 2010 at 13:51  
Blogger Samantha said...

amazing photos, you had so much fun i can tell. Thanks for your sweet words on my personal post, it was so hard to post that :) I'm glad you've made it to the same place as me, enjoying the single life :) xoxo

7 July 2010 at 18:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home